DOG TRAINING AND BEHAVIOR COUNSELING
For puppies up to 16 weeks old
Get the best start possible with your new family member! Starting training as soon as you bring home your puppy will set the foundation for developing a life long common language, and preventing unwanted behaviors from ever becoming habit. We provide you with clear, easy-to-follow training instructions, and assure a fun learning environment for both you and your pup!
Puppy training begins when you schedule your puppy’s consultationpuppy's consultation
What the class covers
The first step in Dogs Paradise Preschool enrollment process is to call or request online your one-on-one private puppy consultation with one of our certified trainers. After completion of your private consultation, your puppy is then eligible to enroll in three puppy group class sessions on Saturday mornings from 10:00 to 11:00.
Our Puppy Preschool package includes one private consultation and three group training classes.
All things puppies – dealing with play biting, potty training, body handling, confinement training, managing a puppy in the home, and more!
Basic obedience – sit, down, focus, stay, come, drop/”gimme that”, leash basics, and more!
Individual time for your questions and tips on managing typical puppy behaviors at home.
Group classes for your pup to learn the basics of obedience behaviors in a highly distracting environment while at the same time getting socialized around people and other puppies.
- Puppies should be between the ages of 8 and 16 weeks of age
- Puppy must have had at least one set of vaccines (Parvo, Distemper, Bordetella), and one de-worming, and must be in the care of a veterinarian
- Puppy must have been in owner’s home for at least one full week before the first private consultation
The cost of the Puppy Preschool Program is CHF 200.-. You will receive one private consultation with a certified professional trainer at Dogs Paradise, three puppy group class sessions on Saturday mornings from 10:00 to 11:00 and a packet of puppy information.
The 3 group training sessions must be taken within the course of 4 weeks.The cost of puppy preschool may be applied toward any of our advanced training programs upon completion of our preschool program.
For all pups and dogs 5 months and older
Join this weekly drop-in class with your newly adopted dog, or if you think now is the right time to begin training your dog. All dogs can learn new tricks no matter their age! Let us show you how to train basic obedience behaviors, and how to get rid of unwanted habits. Training can be fun, effective, and build a wonderful bond between you and your dog. Sign up today!puppy's consultation
What the class covers
Every week we will go over the basic concepts of how dogs learn, and work on basic obedience behaviors. We also make time for individual training challenges.
Returners – be sure to keep coming, new challenges and exercises will lead your dog from kindergarden to college training level.
Newcomers – no worries, learning concepts will be repeated each week, and you get individual help with getting started.
- Basic Obedience – sit, down, stay, come, leave it, leash walking, focus, placement, and more
- How dogs learn – understand the concept and train new behaviors on your own.
- Breaking unwanted habits – learn to prevent your dogs’ problem behavior, while getting more acceptable, alternative behaviors.
Science-based, proven training methods easily turned into practice.
Your dog learns to focus despite the distraction of other dogs and people. This is what awaits you in the real world.
Fun, supportive, and dog-loving community!
RequirementsSorry no exceptions
- All dogs must be friendly with people and other dogs.
- All dogs must be up-to-date on vaccinations, and have a clean health record.
- All dogs must not bark and lunge at other dogs when on leash. (If uncertain, please call us!)
Cost and Schedule
Weekly, Saturdays, 11:30 – 12:30,
CHF 60.- per session, or CHF 160 for a package of 3 sessions (must be taken within 6 weeks).
Class limit: 4 dogs (exceptions possible)